Thursday, December 22, 2011

Making Christmas Memories

One of my favorite things about Christmas are the traditions and memories that are made!  One of our family traditions has been to make and decorate sugar cookies.  Buddy and Sweetpea had a blast this year and enjoyed every step.  Sweetpea's favorite part though had to be adding sprinkles to the cookies and I'm still sweeping up the little ball sprinkles!


  Buddy's finished cookies
 Sweetpea's finished cookies

Tonight, we tried a new Christmas activity and made a family gingerbread train!  Buddy and Sweetpea were enthralled through the whole process and, I have to admit, they snuck a lot of candy to eat.  It was a lot of fun and they are proud of their train!


 Gotta love the gingerbread conductor!


This is one of the reasons that Christmas is a favorite season!  I love all the memories that we take time to make and the joy of my children.  I hope Buddy and Sweetpea remember these days as we prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Did you have a pattern for your train or did you come up with the design yourself? The train is very cute and it's something I'd love to make with my kids next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a kit from Wal-mart. I loved that everything was provided.

    ReplyDelete