Friday, September 9, 2011

Keeping Promises

I promised Buddy a few days ago that he and I could make chocolate chip cookies when he got home from school.  By the time he got home, I had totally forgotten and apparently he had too.  He remembered today and by the end of the day, I had almost forgotten again!  I don't know if it was "pregnancy brain" or just plain ole "mommy brain" but in the middle of supper, Buddy reminded me about the cookies.  Immediately, I was filled with shame that I had forgotten and a little frustration at the time.  I didn't want put him off again so instead Jon and I decided to push bedtime back. 
Buddy and I made our cookies while Daddy gave Sweetpea a bath and put her to bed.  A very happy Buddy ate his barely cooled cookie and it was worth a later bed time to see his face filled with joy!  As a parent, I want to always keep my promises to my children and to teach them to do the same.  Following through on something as simple as chocolate cookies is a great lesson to myself, Buddy, and Sweetpea of the importance of keeping your promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment