Monday, January 30, 2012

Imitation

I've been observing lately that Sweetpea loves to imitate me.  The other morning as I got ready for the day, I put in my contacts and turned to grab my brush.  As I turned back around, Sweetpea had dipped her fingers into the leftover solution and was rubbing it under her eyes.  I've also found her trying to apply my makeup and she loves to wear my shoes.  Buddy has done a similar thing with Jon and at 18 months insisted he needed "apple-shave" and "do-rant".  I'll see Buddy sit like Jon and try to talk like him too and it makes me smile.

Ephesians 5:1-2 was brought to mind, "Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.  And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma."  Just as my children want to imitate their parents, I should be striving to imitate God.  Throwing off qualities that are sinful and pulling on His righteous characteristics should be a daily goal.  Instead of imitating the world around me, I hope to emulate Christ so that my children and the world will see Him through me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment