Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Plan for Schooling

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to be more consistent with what Buddy and Sweetpea are learning.  I've really slacked off in the past few months throughout this pregnancy but am determined to make this more a part of our routine.  Since the big focus for Sweetpea is learning her alphabet, I'm also trying to coordinate Buddy's lessons with each letter.  Here are a few of the things we'll be doing:  Sweetpea will be going through the In My Heart section from Totally Tots.  The verses and activities coincide with our Songs for Saplings Cd that she loves. 
Both Buddy and Sweetpea will be coloring the Alphabet Coloring Pages from Pondered In My Heart.  We'll be focusing on a letter a week along with the listed virtue.  We started these pages this summer but did not make it very far so we'll start over.
Buddy will be working through Raising Rock Stars Preschool materials.  We've done a few of the lessons but we're going to go back through the ones we've already completed as we work in ABC order.  I've found that Buddy is a lot like me and likes to do things in order.
And finally, Buddy will continue to work through the You Can Read program.  He has loved this program and loves to point out his words whenever we see them in print around us.
The best part about homeschooling is the flexibility to change as needed but I hope to bring a little more stability to our work this year, even with the addition of a third baby to the mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment