Monday, February 13, 2012

Artisan Bread

Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home BakingI received Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day for Christmas and have really enjoyed reading it.  I finally ventured into the bread making this past week and was overall pleased with my first attempt.  I started with a Whole Wheat Sandwich bread since that is what my family eats most often and halved the recipe. 
Buddy and Sweetpea have enjoyed the bread but Jon and I think it turned out a little dense and chewy.  Pregnancy brain kicked in at the end and I floured the top of the loaf with white flour instead of wheat but Buddy thought it was powdered sugar.  Also, my pans were a little larger and therefore my loaves a little smaller.  Oh well, for a first attempt, it turned out well.

I hope to progressively get better and look forward to trying some of the more complex recipes in the future.  If you love bread, aren't a fan of bread machines, and want an easy quick way to bake bread more often, give this book a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment