Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A dress for Sweetpea

Today I finished my first sewing project, a dress for Sweetpea!  I started a rice bag for Jon but since I haven't had a chance to go buy rice, the dress was the first to be finished.  I have an awesome friend, Bethany, who helped walk me through each step of the dress and helped me learn how to pin, gather, and make bias tape.  I am so grateful for all of the tips and advice that she gave last night and most of all, her patience as I slowly worked.  Thanks Bethany!
I had so much fun making this dress and seeing the finished results on Sweetpea.  Buddy has already asked when his Lightening McQueen pillowcase will be finished so that is my next thing to attack. 
I think I am hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment