Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sopapillas

Sopapillas RecipeA friend, Janice, made sopapillas for Cinco de Mayo and they were super good.  I was, finally, able to try the recipe for our family celebration of Father's Day after begging her for the recipe back in May.  We celebrated Father's Day early since the kiddos and I will still be on vacation on Sunday.  The sopapillas turned out great!  My only complaint was completely my fault in that the oil would get to hot and fry them too fast to puff up or the oil would cool down and the dough would take forever to cook. 
We ate them all for dessert after supper so quickly and it was the perfect end to our meal of enchiladas.  I mixed up a little cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle on top and drizzled with honey.  Both Buddy and Sweetpea wanted more and, I have to admit, I did as well. 
If you are looking for a great dessert to try out with family or friends, these homemade sopapillas are a quick and easy way to impress.  Or you can try like Janice and make stuffed sopapillas with just about anything.  I am hoping to try taco stuffed sopapillas soon now that I know how easy it is to prepare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment