Thursday, June 30, 2011

You Can Read

Buddy has recently shown signs of being ready to read and so I began looking for various ways to teach him.  Buddy has already been picture reading, retelling stories, recognizing environmental print, and recognizes all of our family names written. What finally convinced me to begin looking for a reading program was when Buddy made the statement, "When I can read, I can read this whole book to you" to Sweetpea. I came upon the program You Can Read from 1+1+1=1 and thought this would be a great place to start.
You Can Read is a program that focuses on sight words and it is created for children who show reading readiness between the ages 3-5. We have been working with this program for about 3-4 weeks and Buddy can identify all of his words and has been able to read short sight word books. He and I are thrilled at each step he makes toward being a confident reader. If you are interested in teaching your child to read, I highly recommend checking out more about You Can Read and visiting 1+1+1=1 to see more about this wonderful program.


No comments:

Post a Comment