Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Card for a Soldier

A week or so ago, Jon's grandmother sent me the following email:
"When filling out your Christmas cards this year, take ONE CARD and SEND
it to this address:
A Recovering American Soldier
C/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20307-5001.
If we pass this on and everyone sends one card, think of how many cards
these soldiers could get to bring up their spirits.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!"
I saved it fully intending to send one quickly but I was cleaning out my inbox and came upon it again.  We got right to work when Buddy got up from his nap.  I found the Nativity Pop Up Card on http://www.biblestoryprintables.com/ and decided that would be perfect.  Before Buddy woke up, I printed and cut out the card template and gathered all of our supplies.
 

 Buddy helped me to apply the glitter glue to the star.  We put it out of sight to dry.


 Sweetpea decided she wanted to know what was happening on the table.


 Buddy didn't want to share his craft.


 Buddy finished coloring and gluing the card together.

 
After the star was dry, I glued it onto the wire and attached it onto the Nativity scene.  I hope that the soldier who receives our card knows how appreciative we are for the way they have served our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment