Sunday, December 26, 2010

Reading the Bible in 90 days

The Bible in 90 Days Participant's Guide: An Extraordinary Experience with the Word of GodSo confession time...I, as a youth pastor's wife, have never read the entire Bible.  Every year, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to read the Bible in a year.  What ends up happening is I'll do great for about a month and then miss a day.  I'll think "I'll catch up tomorrow, the readings aren't that long" then tomorrow turns into a week and then so forth.  I've read a lot of the books, all of the New Testament and most of the Old at different points but never in order.  I tend to get bogged down in the prophets and in the sections with names.
 
Then I saw on Mom's Toolbox site, a challenge to Read the Bible in 90 Days beginning January 3rd.  90 days...it seems like a long time but it isn't really.  After thinking and praying about this for a while, I signed up.  I'm excited because it is a huge commitment (45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours of reading a day) but I am an avid reader, if you couldn't tell, and I think having longer readings will help.  I was also convicted at how I've easily spent 45 minutes reading other books for fun.  Why not read the Bible straight through like a novel?  It will definitely put things into context and be easier to keep up with where I am at in my readings.  Plus, if you sign up through Mom's Toolbox, you'll be put into an accountability group to check in every week on your progress.  Love it!

I challenge you as you are thinking about your New Year's Resolutions to sign up for Read the Bible in 90 Days.  And if you do, let me know and we'll have double accountability!

No comments:

Post a Comment