Friday, February 4, 2011

Homemade Scones

I have been wanting to try out the Starbucks Cinnamon Scone from The Coupon Project since before Christmas and finally had the opportunity.  I wish I had tried it before now because it is awesome!  They turned out so buttery and crumbly like a store-bought scone.  The recipe is surprisingly simple and easy to make.




The dough for the scones in roughly the shape of a circle.


I cut the dough into 8 pieces but I think when I make the recipe again, I'll make more slices.

Before going into the oven...they already look delicious!  (Oh and I love covering baking sheets with foil,shiny side down, for easy clean up!)

The finished product!


I drizzled a little homemade icing on top for Buddy and tried it on mine as well.  With or without icing, they are so yummy!

Buddy thought so too!

This recipe has been added to our special breakfast list and I can't wait to try them out with different ingredients like blueberries.  I hope you head over to The Coupon Project and try out the scone recipe for yourself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment