Thursday, February 10, 2011

Savoring the Spontaneous Moments

Buddy has discovered the button on our piano that plays the pre-loaded classical music and enjoys dance to it.  I've been savoring those moments of watching him dance hilariously around our living room.  I know these moments are special and I will treasure them!  Sweetpea and I even got into the action for a little while but she had more fun laughing at Buddy.  Here are a few of the pictures...he was moving so quickly that they are a little blurry but you can see how much fun he is having.


I think moms sometimes get caught up in the mundane chores of running a household and we miss these times too easily.  I know I've interrupted Jon playing with the kids and lots of laughter to say that it is bath time.  Shame on me for missing that moment and focusing on things that don't matter.  I want to grab onto the unexpected moments and soak in the smiles and laughter, not worry about what is coming up next.  Those are the times that make memories and are what our children will remember of us.  Do I want Buddy and Sweetpea to remember that I was a stickler for accomplishing things or do I want them to remember that I laughed and danced?  So as moms, let's shed our dignity and dance wildly to classical music with our babies, let's not squelch the laughter for chores, and let's savor the spontaneous!

No comments:

Post a Comment