Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 6 of Reading the Bible in 90 Days

The Bible in 90 Days Participant's Guide: An Extraordinary Experience with the Word of God
I have finally caught up on my reading this week.  It took me a while because I got a little hung up trying to understand Job but I am on target again.  We've read through Esther, Job, and are, as of today, 108 chapters into Psalm. 

Esther is definitely one of my favorite books in the Bible because I love how God used her to save His chosen people from Haman.  "...for such a time as this", Esther was chosen to be the queen and had the courage to go before the king to reveal Haman for who he is.  I also love the irony when Haman thinks that the king wants to honor him but instead honors Mordecai.  It must have galled Haman to have to watch Mordecai be honored in the way he coveted. 

I have also enjoyed reading through Psalm and have to say that Psalm 13 still reverberates deep in my soul.  "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.  I will sing the Lord's praise, for He has been good to me." Psalm 13: 5-6.  The psalm starts out asking how long will God forget and hide His face and ends so triumphantly.  I can't read this without thinking of the Shane and Shane Psalms CD and singing their version of this psalm.  The Psalms CD is an awesome CD that I highly recommend you check out if you've never heard it before.   I am looking forward to continuing to read through Psalm this next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment