Monday, May 9, 2011

Homelife Magazine

One of my favorite magazines to read has always been HomeLife Magazine from Lifeway.  As an avid reader, I've probably been reading HomeLife off and on since junior high school.  Every church that I have been a part of has ordered these magazines and I have looked forward to reading the articles and finding tips to having a great home.  This month's issue was an exceptional one so if you can, I recommend finding a copy and reading it as soon as possible. 

Each month, HomeLife includes a variety of articles for every person.  There are articles for men, women, married couples, families, single parents, and step-families.  HomeLife also includes a Family Faith section where they write an article that can be used during a family devotional time with memory verses for each week.  This is a simple place to start if you want to begin a family devotional time but don't know how to begin.

I'll admit that I look forward to browsing the recipes by Judie Byrd each month in the Now You're Cooking section.  I've taken many of her recipes and saved them for use in our household or even put my own spin on them to adapt for our family's taste buds.  I'm looking forward to trying out her Black Forest Trifle on page 52 for the next special occasion in our house.

All in all, if you have the opportunity to read HomeLife magazine, I recommend picking one up and enjoying it cover to cover.  It is great to read a magazine designed to glorify God in the topics that are written about and in the pictures that are printed.  I know that each issue is designed to draw people closer to God and to encourage growth in Christian faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment