Monday, May 2, 2011

Meal Planning: May

Today, I sat down to prepare our menus and have tried to plan menus that contain ingredients that we already have in our pantry.  The continuing goal is to always plan healthy menus but I'd love to keep my grocery budget as low as possible.  I've also noticed our pantry is starting to overflow and I do not want to waste food.  My goal is to only have to buy the fresh produce for the recipes.

Hanky Panky Sandwiches are one of Jon's favorites and an easy meal to prepare for a busy Sunday.  A friend was the first to introduce us to this recipe and to be honest, the name of the sandwiches still makes me smile.  One making of the meat makes enough for four meals for our family and it freezes well.  If you are interested in an easy meal to make for your family, I recommend trying these sandwiches. 

I can't believe that it is May already and I hope this month is a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment