Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins

Today I tried the Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins from Gina's Skinny Recipes.  I love blueberry muffins but hate the guilty feeling of eating them when I know muffins are primarily disguised cake. 
This recipe uses whole wheat flour and applesauce to provide a moist muffin.
Buddy and Sweetpea really enjoyed these this morning and both ate two whole muffins.  I have to admit that Jon's reaction was "They taste healthy" and I had to add a little melted butter inside to really enjoy them.  But, I would have added butter to regular muffins as well so I don't necessarily feel bad about that.  My muffins did not look as pretty as Gina's since I used the frozen blueberries instead of fresh so they turned a little more purple in color.
All in all, this is a recipe I will be adding to our family collection.  It was super easy to whip up and took 30 minutes to make start to finish.  If you are looking for an easy and healthy breakfast, give this blueberry muffin recipe a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment