Thursday, January 6, 2011

Buddy's First Day of School

Today was Buddy's first day at the preschool at our church.  I think Jon and I were more nervous than he was.  Last night, as I packed his lunch and back pack, I was worried that he wasn't going to follow instructions, or that he would cry, or not lay still at naptime.  But I worried for nothing because he did fantastic.  Buddy and I have been talking about minding his teachers, following directions, being nice to other children, and taking a nap on a mat since Monday.  He was so excited to go to school but was a little disappointed that he couldn't ride a big yellow school bus! 
This morning, he walked right into his classroom and proceeded to tell Jon, "I'll stay here, you can go work".  We picked him up afterwards and he talked non-stop about everything that they did.  I was so proud that he made it through naptime and stayed on his mat! 
I have to admit though it was nice to just have Sweetpea and Mommy time all day.  She is such a sweet girl and I really enjoyed our time playing one on one and reading books.  At the end of the day, Sweetpea was glad to have Buddy around again and "talked" to him all the way from church to home.  I hope Buddy continues to enjoy school and that his love for learning keeps growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment