Saturday, January 29, 2011

Reading New Books

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? [BROWN BEAR BROWN BEAR-BOARD BK]I was cleaning Buddy's room today and decided to organize his bookshelf and look to see if we had any Valentine books.  Since I was a school teacher, I have a large collection of children's books and most are on Buddy's shelf now.  So I sat and looked over lots of old favorite books like Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Bill Martin Jr and Eric Carle, and The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka.  I also realized how many books that we have that I have not read to Buddy.  We go to the library pretty regularly and have lots of favorite books that we cycle through at home. 

After realizing how many books are on his shelf and how many great books he has not read, I've decided to take the next few weeks (or months) to read all of our books.  This will not take the place of our library books but will be our bedtime readings or fun time readings.  I also plan to do this with Sweetpea and her board books to see if there are more books that she will enjoy.  Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. is still her top favorite but maybe another book will take that place. 

I'm looking forward to reading new books that are here in our home and enjoying the stories along with Sweetpea and Buddy.  We love reading books and re-reading favorites is always fun but finding new stories to broaden imagination or become new favorites will be exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment