Monday, January 17, 2011

Week 2 of Reading the Bible in 90 Days

The Bible in 90 Days Participant's Guide: An Extraordinary Experience with the Word of GodThis has been a hard week of reading to stay focused but I have been encouraged with the knowledge that I am up to date with reading.  Every other reading plan that I have tried, I have missed several days by the end of week two because of the shorter readings and telling myself that it will be easy to catch up.  I can't do that with this challenge and it is such an awesome feeling to realize that I have read the Bible every day for 15 days. 

I finished reading Deuteronomy today and can't believe that in two weeks I have read 5 full Old Testament books.  Numbers was a hard read, to be honest, but to realize how big the Israelite nation was is incredible.  No wonder Pharaoh began to be intimidated by them.  These books have been full of rules and guidelines for God's chosen people and part of me sighs and says "I am so glad I didn't live back then!"  I've also been struck by how God demands complete obedience immediately and have thought all week about this.  I want to be completely and whole- heartedly obedient to God and my desires should reflect His desires.  Moses was an incredible Godly man yet in one moment of pride was disobedient and was not allowed to enter the Promised Land.  I wonder how many times my pride has kept me from experiencing the fullness of God working through me.

The excitement that I am feeling at setting aside time to read God's word is wonderful.  I have been enjoying checking in with my mentoring group also.  Knowing that as I am reading and praying for the members of my group, that there are others out there reading and praying for me keeps me encouraged. 

Even if you don't think you can read the Bible in 90 days, I hope you are still reading God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment