Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 1: Reading the Bible in 90 days and Buddy's Memorization

Today was Day 1 of a 90 day journey to read the Bible through cover to cover.  I sat down to read during nap time after a morning that had been very hectic.  I think Sweetpea and Buddy are 'recovering' from vacation and it is taking us a little time to settle back into our routine.  At first, I was a little overwhelmed thinking about how long it was going to take and about things that needed to be done around the house.  I finally reminded myself that this is a commitment that takes priority over laundry and dishes and started reading.  After finishing the first 16 chapters of Genesis, I felt so great and am looking forward to tomorrow!  Today did open my eyes a little to how easy it would be to give up and focus on things that don't matter so I'm going to make the commitment that this is a priority and should have been a long time ago!

On a different subject, Buddy was finally in the mood to say his verses from Christmas on camera.  He memorized Luke 2:11 and Isaiah 9:6 during the month of December.  Because both verses start with 'For' he sometimes gets a little confused but I think for a 2 1/2 year old, he is doing great!  Hope you enjoy the videos!

Isaiah 9:6

Luke 2:11

No comments:

Post a Comment