Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 1 of Reading the Bible in 90 Days

The Bible in 90 Days Participant's Guide: An Extraordinary Experience with the Word of GodWeek 1 of Reading the Bible in 90 days was an awesome week.  I was worried about how long it was going to take and decided to read during nap time.  Sweetpea and Buddy both nap after lunch and normally nap time lasts at least an hour so it was perfect.  I actually thought the weekends would make it easier to read but having Jon home ended up being a distraction.  (Sorry Jon, it isn't your fault that I like to talk!)  I missed reading on Saturday and spent Sunday catching up.  Missing that one day though showed me that I don't want to miss again so I'm going to be that much more determined this weekend. 

I am amazed that I have already finished Genesis and Exodus this week and I love the momentum that I am feeling.  Reading the Bible like a novel has refreshed my perspective of what an awesome God we serve.  His provision for the Israelite nation over and over reveals His faithfulness in keeping His promises.   The specifications for the tabernacle in Exodus are so detailed and lavish.  I can't help but think about how exhilarating it must have been to have the Lord dwell so closely and visibly while the Israelites were in the desert.

I'm looking forward to continuing to read through the second week and pray that I will stay on track.  This pace of reading is challenging but since I can't make up the readings easily, I am that much more determined to be on schedule.  If you are interested in reading the Bible in 90 days, it still isn't too late to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment