Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Resolutions

I have decided to simplify my New Year's Resolutions to three this year.  Normally I have a list of about ten things I want to change and end up giving up by February.  Maybe simplicity will help!

Here are my 2011 Resolutions:
1.  Read the Bible through in 90 days!
2.  Be Healthier
         a.  Eat better and exercise at least 3 times a week.
3.  Grow Buddy and Sweetpea spiritually.

Reading the Bible in 90 Days is going to be a fun challenge and has built in accountability.  There is still time to join in on the challenge if you'd like!  It starts Monday, January 3rd, which I personally liked since we traveled home today and I will not be starting out behind. 

Becoming healthier is going to be the hardest resolution for me because I am a Southern girl and I love to cook with butter and I hate to exercise.  And unlike last year, I am not going to aim to work out every day but only three times a week which is much more realistic!

Finally, growing Buddy and Sweetpea spiritually is a vague resolution but I know that the application of faith to their lives will always be changing.  I want to continue with Buddy's scripture memory (especially since he memorized Isaiah 9:6 in days!) and my first goal with Sweetpea is to have her sit quietly through prayer time. 

I'd love to hear your resolutions and ideas for the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment