Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Deuteronomy 6:5

For the past two weeks, Buddy's memory verse has been Deuteronomy 6:5, You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength."  He has had a little trouble with the repeating words of "with all" because he'd rather just list everything at one time.  Also surprisingly, when I went to search for activities to go along with this verse, there were very few.  So I kept our weeks fairly simple. 
To help Buddy keep the order of heart, soul, and strength, we would do motions of pointing at our heart, drawing a cross on our chest, and then making muscles with our arms while saying the verse.  He loves doing these motions, especially the muscles!
I also surprised him one morning and on his easel I drew a heart, a cross, and my interpretation of a stick figure flexing muscles...I am not an artist so Buddy had to use his imagination for the last one and hence the reason for no demonstration photo.  He used different color dry erase markers to color in each shape while we repeated the verse together.  We've mainly just repeated the verse to one another and Buddy thinks that it is funny to cheer for Mommy when I say the verse correctly. 
I tried to have Buddy say this verse on video but right now he is refusing and I don't want to make saying Scripture too forced so maybe in the future I'll upload a video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment