Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rag Wreath

Ever since I first saw the Valentine's Wreath from Beautiful Feet, Beautiful Me, I have been wanting to make a rag wreath for our door.  I finally sat down this weekend and started it.  Now those of you who know me, know that I am NOT the craftiest person in the world.  I started making a circle and realized how incredibly hard it is to draw a perfect circle so instead I made an oval.  It still isn't perfect but I'm okay with that. 
Thanks to the scrap bin at the store, I was able to find three cute fabrics and cut them into strips.  Again, notice that I'm not the world's best crafter as my lines are definitely not straight.  That is why I loved this wreath...it is very forgiving of mistakes!

After tying all of the fabric onto the cardboard oval, this was the final result!

A close up of the knots...I like the way they look braided.

Or you can flip the wreath over for a different look.


If I were to do anything over again, I would buy fabric with the design on both sides.  All in all, I was really pleased with the look of my completed wreath!  The best part is, this kind of wreath can be made with any type of fabric for any holiday.  This is a very easy, versatile, and cheap way to make your house a little more colorful!

2 comments:

  1. What kind of cardboard did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a side of an old ice cream maker box. It was hard to cut but I used a utility knife and that worked much better than scissors.

    ReplyDelete