Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Week 12 of Reading the Bible in 90 Days

The Bible in 90 Days Participant's Guide: An Extraordinary Experience with the Word of God
So this is my final post on reading the Bible in 90 days.  I have completed my reading!  After 85 days of hard, intensive reading, I have finally read every single word of God's special revelation!  This has been an incredible journey of learning new things and rediscovering favorite passages.  It doesn't mean that I stop reading though, in fact, this challenge has helped me to become more committed to longer devotional times. 

Some of you may have noticed that this post is on a Tuesday not on the normal Monday but we had a little adventure last night.  Sweetpea has been sick since Sunday morning and last night ran 105 degrees fever and was vomiting.  She and I spent the night at the emergency room with IV antibiotics and fluids to keep her hydrated and came home early this morning.  Now when we left for the ER, I was at the beginning of 2 Peter but after waiting in a room without seeing a doctor for over two hours, I finished my reading!  Sweetpea slept in my arms while God used Scripture to keep my focus on Him and His unchanging, unflinching Love and Grace instead of the scary unknown of being in the hospital.  I definitely felt more at peace about Sweetpea's illness even while reading through Revelation and the time felt like it passed quickly.  I am so glad that I reached across the desk and grabbed my Bible before heading out the door.

It is exciting to have completed this challenge and am looking forward to doing this again in the future.  Reading in book order has definitely been fun way to read Scripture.  If you are continuing to read, press on to the end!  It is worth every sacrifice that I have made to completely read my Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment