Monday, March 14, 2011

Week 10 of Reading the Bible in 90 Days

The Bible in 90 Days Participant's Guide: An Extraordinary Experience with the Word of God
I am officially into the New Testament this week and completely caught up on my readings.  This week started out a little tough with the Old Testament prophets but ended with the completion of Matthew.  The reading schedule put into perspective how much of the Bible is actually Old Testament.  I know too many Christians tend to ignore the Old and just focus on the New Testament but every word is in our Bible for a reason.  I do have to admit that I was glad to read through the prophets because that is a section I've tended to avoid.  After reading through them, I have decided that when this challenge is completed, I would like to do a more in-depth study of the prophecies and of the history of Israel. 
As I crossed into the New Testament on Friday, I couldn't help but inwardly cheer because I had completed the "harder" sections for me.  While reading in Matthew, it was exciting to see the prophecies that I had just read earlier in the week be fulfilled by the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  There are 2 1/2 weeks left on the reading schedule and I am looking forward to finally being able to say that I have read every single word in God's Word!  If you are just starting out, or had a later start, stay strong and read to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment