Thursday, April 28, 2011

DIY Baby Items

Tonight's post is a few links to different do-it-yourself projects for babies or toddlers.  These different items are ones that I hope to make in the future but I didn't want to wait to post until then.  I love how the internet can allow us to share so many different cute ideas!

DIY Sock Shoes from Better Life Bags has an easy way to make your own sock shoes.  Since I really do not like putting shoes on a baby that isn't walking, but love how little Mary Jane shoes look on little girls, this is a great compromise!  I'll have to save this idea until we decide to have another baby since Sweetpea is trying to walk and needs shoes now. 

DIY Blue Jean Skirt from a guest post at Kojo Designs by Homemade by Jill shows how to turn a pair of jeans into a blue jean skirt for little girls.  This is a great way to repurpose jeans that no longer fit or are getting too old.  This looks so simple that I hope to try it out when I buy a sewing machine as one of my first projects.  I've even saved a pair of jeans that have a hole ripped in the knees to use! 

DIY Stenciled Onesies from Gabriel's Good Tidings is a way to make personalized outfits for children without having to know how to sew.  This looks a little time consuming but the results speak for themselves.

DIY Lined Canvas Bins from Positively Splendid takes diaper boxes and turns them into super cute canvas bins.  I know that every parents goes through a ton of diaper boxes and I hate throwing them out.  We used a lot of diaper and wipes boxes when we moved but this is a much better way to reuse them.  These bins would work well in a child's closet or even in a living room to store magazines or books.  This will also be another project I hope to tackle after I have a sewing machine.  Hmm...maybe Jon can sense a theme for my birthday coming up?

Let me know if you make one of these items, I'd love to see how it turns out!

1 comment:

  1. Last year me together we my friends sell my baby stuff outside our house during Sundays we had really enjoy selling some of the my baby stuff/

    ReplyDelete