Monday, April 18, 2011

More Easter Books

Here are my final recommendations of books for Easter!
The Week That Led to Easter - Arch Books
The Week that Led to Easter by Joanne Larrison is a book that our church librarian helped Buddy choose and one that I have loved.  It rhymes and starts with the entry of Jesus into Jerusalem.  This was the perfect book to read with Buddy as we talked about Palm Sunday yesterday and as we approach Easter this week.  The illustrations are beautifully done as well and Sweetpea enjoyed pointing at various things on the pages.

Easter

Easter by Fiona French is a beautiful Easter book with words from the King James Bible.  The entire book is written in an Old English style and the illustrations look like stained glass windows.  This was a little over Buddy and Sweetpea's head as I had to change to more simplistic wordings.  Buddy also had a hard time "seeing" the pictures because of the stained glass format.  I thought it was a great book that I will definitely look for next year since it is different from anything else that we normally read. 

What Is Easter?
What is Easter? by Michelle Adams is a board book that a friend has recommended.  I have not read this book myself but she said it is a really cute book.  It explains what Easter is truly about and that our focus should be on Jesus not on chocolate, bunnies, and eggs. 
The Story of the Resurrection Eggs in Rhyme and Song: Miss Patty Cake Opens Up the Wonder of the Easter Story
The Story of the Resurrection Eggs in Rhyme and Song by Jean Thomason and Nancy Gordon is a Miss Patty Cake book that we picked up this past weekend at our local library book sale.  I was not sure if Buddy would enjoy it but the pictures are so vivid and the whole book is great.  I love that it each Easter egg opens up a new surprise that points back to Jesus and there is a very clear salvation message in the book as well.  After reading the book, I was curious because some of the book seemed like it was set for a movie and sure enough there is a Miss Patty Cake DVD Eggstravaganza.   Miss Patty Cake has several other DVDs that look super cute so I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for them in the future. 


Egg Carton Plants Day 3:
Buddy and I watered our plants today and put them in sunlight.  I explained to him that it takes water, air, and sunlight to help plants grow.  He was pretty disappointed that it was still just dirt in our carton but I explained again that it will take a long time for plants to appear.


No comments:

Post a Comment