Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Veggie Tales: Gideon Tuba Warrior

Veggie Tales: Gideon Tuba Warrior
One of Buddy's favorite movies right now is Gideon Tuba Warrior by Veggie Tales and to be honest it has turned into one of my favorites too.  We've checked this movie out twice now from our church library and each week that Buddy has it, it is the only movie that he wants to watch.  I've been a little disappointed in Veggie Tales lately as I feel that some of the movies lack a clear Biblical message but Gideon Tuba Warrior is awesome. 
The first segment of the movie is about George Mueller and how we should always trust God for everything because He is faithful to provide.  A very Silly Song, "Lance the Turtle", is in the middle and the rest of the movie is the story of Gideon and the impossibly small Israelite army who defeated the huge army of Mideonites. 
Gideon Tuba Warrior is full of funny quips that caught me off guard and made me laugh out loud several times.  I won't spoil them for you, but trust me, this movie is not just for children as I found it very entertaining!  The Silly Song in the movie turns out to be a Ukulele Karaoke with Bob and is as hilarious as the rest of the movie.  Although, I do have to warn you, that "Lance the Turtle" is always stuck in my head after Buddy watches this movie.  The constant theme is to trust God for everything, even when it might not make sense to us.
Buddy asked for a trumpet for Easter and Jon and I found a little plastic trumpet from the store to put in his basket.  Every time that he has watched it since, Buddy has had to have his trumpet with him so he can play along with Gideon to help defeat the Mideonites.  Here is a cute photo of Buddy playing his trumpet.

If you are looking for a fun family movie, I highly recommend Gideon Tuba Warrior for all ages as a reminder to put our trust in God no matter how impossible the situation seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment