Friday, April 8, 2011

Easter Books


If you are looking for some books to read with your child about Easter, here are a few of my recommendations.  My goal is to find books about Easter that focus on the real reason we celebrate, not just bunnies and eggs.  I am still on the hunt for a few of these but am glad to have at least one to read with Buddy.

Precious Moments®, Seasons Of Faith Series, He Is Risen
 He is Risen Seasons of Faith Series is a book that I am hoping our public library has in stock.  It is a Precious Moments illustrated book that follows the last days of Christ's life, death, and resurrection.  It focuses on the true meaning of Easter.  Each page has a beautiful Precious Moments picture along with a Scripture verse that can be easily memorized.  Buddy will be working on his Easter verses soon and I hope to be able to find this book with one of his verses.

He is Risen from the Dalmatian Press is a book that we are currently reading.  Buddy has enjoyed reading this book several times but Sweetpea will not sit through even the first page.  Each page has a lot of text but it is a very detailed account of the true meaning of Easter.  It begins with Jesus entering Jerusalem for Passover and ends with the Resurrection.  My only criticism is that the last illustration is a picture of an angel at the tomb announcing that Jesus is not there.  I think I would have preferred an illustration of Jesus to end with but overall this is a great book.

The Story of Easter (Alice in Bibleland) is another great book that I am hoping to find in our public or church library.  We've read several Alice in Bibleland books and Buddy and Sweetpea both enjoy the rhythmic text.  Hopefully we'll be able to find this one soon!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment