Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Recipes

Today Buddy and I made a Resurrection Cake, well Buddy helped me mix up the cake but I did a lot of the decorating since Buddy just wanted to lick the icing from the beaters.  Here is a photo of the final project. 

We just used a box cake mix and I cut out the cooled cake into the empty tomb shape.  It is a fairly simple design but Buddy started really talking about Jesus and the tomb.  My favorite quote from today was "Jesus was not buried.  That's just not cool."  I can understand his confusion as many of the books we've read have gone straight from the cross to the open tomb and Jesus' resurrection.  Jon and I kept explaining that Jesus was buried in a tomb and then resurrected but Buddy insisted that Jesus wasn't because "that's just not cool!".  This will be Sweetpea and Buddy's dessert with our nice Easter supper tomorrow night.

Another recipe that we will be trying out tomorrow is the Resurrection Rolls from DLTK's Growing Together.  It will be interesting to see Buddy's reaction to the disappearing marshmallow.  I am hoping that Sweetpea will want to try this easy recipe with us too even if she just plays with the crescent rolls.

Finally, a classic Easter treat is the Resurrection Cookie.  This is a great recipe for older children as it has a Bible verse to go along with each step of the recipe.  I've put this in my folder to try next year with Buddy and Sweetpea. 

I hope you have a blessed Easter tomorrow! 
"He is not here; for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay."  Matthew 28:6

No comments:

Post a Comment