Friday, April 15, 2011

The Music Man

The Music Man (Special Edition)
Tonight we had another special family night and the movie of choice was the musical, The Music Man with Robert Preston and Shirley Jones.  Buddy loved this movie!  He already has a great ear for music and loves any movie with music so I knew this would be a great choice.  My favorite part tonight was not the actual movie but it was watching Buddy pretend to play a trombone during the song "Seventy-Six Trombones".  He was riveted during all of the musical numbers and then showed Jon and me how to play the tuba, trumpet, and trombone.  All in all, a great memory made!
This is a great family movie that I remember renting and watching several times with my family while growing up.  If you have not watched this movie, I would recommend it but most definitely the 1962 Robert Preston and Shirley Jones version.  I was not a huge fan of the Disney version made in 2003, mainly because the original movie cast made the characters so memorable to me that it was hard to watch a re-made version. 
The enthusiastic joy in the musical numbers and the witty and 'punny' dialogue make for an awesome movie that has put many smiles on my family's faces tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment